Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Father, My Hero

One reason to love my dad. See below for his response to the steady stream of pro-Bush / pro-War e-mails he gets from his cousins in Texas.

from Texas Cousin encouraging that he send an e-mail to Nancy Pelosi expressing the sentiment below:

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled, or hanged."

Signed: President Abraham Lincoln

response from my father, Eugene L. Davis:

You and my cousin southerners jumping on Lincoln's bandwagon! I knew our current president was a liar and a damn fool as he was leading us into this war, and if I don't have the freedom of speech to say the whole thing was/is a mistake, then it ain't a free country anymore. The sentiments attributed to Abe here are the same sentiments that led Nazi Germany to behead Sophie Scholl. If you all think I, or congressmen who agree with me, should be arrested, exiled, or hanged, then you can both go to hell. I consider myself a true patriot, in the sense of a bumpersticker I saw out here once that said something like: A true patriot is one who is willing to shed his blood to defend his country from its government. I have tried to be civil in our discourse, but I have read so much neanderthalic praise-Bush drivel from you two that I have finally reached the point of saying that I am mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eugen Davis is MY hero!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home